This week’s Friday Home Finds is a little different. Instead of showcasing decor items that I’ve purchased for our home, I’m sharing my game night wish list!
My one hope for our forever home is that it becomes the place to be for our children and their friends. I want my boys – even the one I’m married to – to love being home. To make that happen, we are working to build not just a comfortable place but also a fun place. Friday night movies and game nights is seriously going to be a thing at Casa Cres!
I haven’t yet gotten of the below items but I’m keeping a list and these may even end up on Christmas list in case anyone is looking for gift ideas for this mama!
1. Lawn Game Scoreboard – This is marketed as a lawn game scoreboard but you can use it for any game with two teams. I know Theo would be excited just to be able to control the scoreboard on game nights.
2. Marble Tic-Tac-Toe Game Set – I grew up playing tic-tac-toe with friends and family (I’m kinda really good at it!), so this is a must for any game time. I’ve seen this one in person and it is substantial in weight; it’s beautiful enough to be a permanent fixture on our coffee table.
3. Bocce Ball Lawn Game Set – Bocce Ball can be such a relaxing game (provided you’re not the competitive type). This one is by one of my favourite designers – Joanna Gaines. In true Magnolia style, it will be fun to play and beautiful to have tucked away.
4. 2-in-1 Bean Bag Toss – I love a good toss game; I rarely actually get the bag in but I still enjoy it. This one would be great to play on our covered porch and will match perfectly with our deck furniture.
5. Puzzle Accessory Board – Puzzles are my thing! Currently, I do my puzzles on my phone since I don’t have space to set up a puzzle board but I’ve already earmarked a corner in my future home office for puzzle making and a board like this will allow me to do my puzzles at my own pace, without worrying about losing any pieces.
The above is by no means an exhaustive list; it is but a small wish list of the many games I’m hoping to get for family game nights. Throw in a few floor pillows, some cold evenings by the fireplace and hot chocolate (with marshmallows on the side for Theo of course) and I’ve just described my dream night with the family!