I have been wearing the same perfume for over 20 years now. At work, my colleagues know when I have been on the elevator simply by the lingering smell of my Chanel Coco Mademoiselle trademark. I find comfort in fresh and recognizable scents.
I want my home to be an extension of me in the scent department – does that mean I will be spraying my perfume all over the house? Don’t be silly, Coco is not meant for the couch!
The “extension” that I look to create is the familiarity that a scent can emulate. The same way my babies know the smell of their mama, I want them to immediately recognize the smell of their home. In order to do that, I have been using Saje products for nearly a decade now. I have tried many diffusers, candles, plug-in scents but Saje is the only one that I have found that does not smell artificial. Over this past year, I have expanded my love for Saje products to some other household items; below is but a short synopsis of my favourite Saje finds!
1. Diffuser Blends – Scents are such a personal thing that I honestly believe you need to visit a Saje location in order to really get to know their different blends. After trying (and loving!) many, my two absolute favourites for our home are Refresh and Mountain High – both are crisp, clean, uplifting and blended with spearmint which always makes me feel as though I am at a Spa.
2. Diffusers – This is another component that is all about personal preference. I have several diffusers throughout the home – personally, I choose mine to match the decor of the space. The only downfall with Saje diffusers (up until now!) is that they are all plug-in diffusers, so you need to strategically place them near an outlet BUT (!!!) Saje has recently made its first Cordless diffuser – which I am obviously going to get! – and now the possibilities are endless!
3. Room Sprays – Similar to other (non-Saje) diffuser blends, room sprays often smell artificial, but not these ones! The Linen and Fabric Spray is one that I always have on hand to help spruce up any space in our home.
4. Wool Dryer Balls – If you read my DIY Scent Booster post (here!), then you already know that I add Saje Pure Essential Oils to my laundry wash. And for added fragrance and freshness, I also add the same drops to our Saje dryer balls.
5. Natural Bristle Dry Brush – This is one my latest Saje discoveries! All you have to do is stand in your shower (naked (of course!) and dry) and brush your skin starting at your feet and working your way up; then, shower as usual. This works as a natural exfoliator that also helps “wake up” your skin and leaves it feeling really smooth.
6. Aroma Roam – While I’ve already touched upon Saje’s diffusers in #2, this one deserves its own shoutout! If you spend a lot of time in your car or have pets/kids in there, you need this diffuser in your life! It fits in standard cup holders and plugs in to the car’s USB outlet (if you have one) or it also comes with a car adapter. Add water and your favourite blend and you’ll suddenly be fully zen while stuck in traffic!
If you have been clicking on some of my links above, then you’ve probably already discovered a whole world of amazing Saje products (I told you this was just a brief synopsis!). Give them a try and then come back to let me know how much you love them – I’m sure you will!
Please note that Casa Cres is not affiliated with this company; in most cases, the shops featured in my Friday Home Finds are not even aware of their feature prior to posting. The above are purchases that I have personally made for my home.